Qatar has been ranked ninth in the Global Electric Mobility Readiness Index (GEMRIX) 2023, which was published by Arthur D Little. The GEMRIX index assesses the readiness of 35 markets around the world for the adoption of electric vehicles (EVs).
Qatar’s Commitment to Electric Vehicles
Qatar’s high ranking in the GEMRIX index is a reflection of its commitment to developing a sustainable transportation sector. The country has set a number of ambitious goals for EV adoption, including:
- Increasing the share of EVs in the domestic vehicle fleet to 10% by 2030
- Installing 600-1,000 EV charging stations by 2025-2030
- Supporting the development of a domestic EV manufacturing industry
Qatar is also making significant investments in research and development related to EVs. For example, the Qatar Foundation has established the Electric Vehicle Research Center (EVRC), which is developing new technologies for EVs and batteries.
- UP Rojgar Mela 2023: Golden job opportunity for youth
- Cricket’s Future Unleashed: Excitement Builds for ICC U19 World Cup 2024 in South Africa!
- ESIC Paramedical Admit Card 2023: Your Gateway to Success
Global Automaker Interest
The growing readiness of Qatar for EVs is attracting the attention of global automakers. A number of automakers have announced plans to launch EVs in Qatar in the coming years, including Tesla, Volkswagen, and Nissan.
Qatar’s ninth ranking in the GEMRIX index is a significant achievement. The country is making rapid progress in developing a sustainable transportation sector, and its commitment to EVs is clear. With the support of the government and global automakers, Qatar’s EV market is poised for rapid growth in the coming years.